Pages

Homemade Oreos

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved Oreos. Addicted, even. 
It's the ultimate snack in the world! I can remember chanting their famous line, "Twist. Lick. Dunk!" whenever I'm eating it [with milk]. Ahh, good times. And now that I've grown and learned how to bake, I love how we can use them in different kinds of recipes for desserts-- especially cookies and cream desserts. YUM!!

Although I have made this before (those who follow me on Instagram will know), I can't help but whip up another batch and thought I'd share this masterpiece with you, step by step.
Cos it's nothing short of amazing! (look out! A wave of pictures coming through!)





Now you might think, "Are they any different from whoopie pies?" Cos yeah, they do look the same.
But they're different in that whoopie pies are soft and cakey, while these are crunchier and harder (if I may put it). Either way, they're just as good as the real ones. 

Let me show you how I made them. They're pretty easy to make. 
What you'll need for the cookies:

What you'll need for the cream:


When you're done mixing all the cookie ingredients and chilling them for 30 minutes, you'll reach the part where you have to roll the dough. Roll them small (about 2 tsp of dough per cookie), and when you're done, slightly and gently press them down. Like this:

Bake them for 6-8 minutes. You'll be able to make 3-4 dozens of cookies. Meanwhile, allow the cookies to cool, and then make the cream filling. What's super great about the cream is that it tastes exactly the same with the real ones! Ugh so good! Make sure that they're stiff and thick though. Something like this:

Sandwich some of the cream filling on the cookies, like so. And ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment